When can I start?
You may join a Buggyfit class as soon as you have had your GP check (usually at 6 weeks postnatal), and they have OK’d you to exercise. You don’t need a specific pram or buggy, we ensure the Buggyfit classes are suitable for all of you.
What to wear?
- Layers of clothes, as even in the coldest weather we can get very warm.
- Hat scarf and definitely gloves (for mummy and baby).
- Good trainers or walking shoes.
- Good fitting sports bra (or two!).
What if it rains?
- We Buggyfit in all weathers (unless the Met Office are suggesting we don’t go out!) so come prepared.
- Remember, “There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing!!”.
- Although you may get warm, the babies are not exercising, so remember your buggysnuggle, cosy toes or blanket for the cold days – we Buggyfit rain or shine.
What not to forget?
- Drink for mummy and baby.
- Rain cover / sunshade.
- Sun cream.
- Snack for baby / toddler.
- Toys / books for toddler.
- Completed health screening form – download form
- Feed baby before coming to class, this means baby isn’t hungry and you can get an hour for YOU. If you’re breastfeeding this also ensures you are more comfortable to exercise.
Are Buggyfit trainers qualified?
Yes, all our instructors are fully qualified and insured, to ensure you have a safe workout that will be effective for your ongoing fitness needs and to gain maximum results.